Coming up with clever ideas in advance on how to overcome the high temps can be a huge help to keeping your children cool, calm, and happy all summer long.
With these fun and simple ideas for staying cool, you can help your kids beat the heat this summer and have lots of fun doing it.
- Put sheets in your freezer for about 30 minutes before getting into bed.
- Stay continuously hydrated! Freeze fruit to put in your glass of water or enjoy by itself. Or try these flavoured waters.
- I’ve never met a kid who doesn’t love water play. Plastic bowls, stacking cups, jugs and watering cans are all it takes for plenty of water play fun on a sunny day! I fulled up a plastic container for Jax to play in. Its easy and doesnt use alot of water. He loved it so much. Getting in and out and playing will all the toys.
- A bowl of water, a paint brush and a sidewalk or paving. Let your toddler paint with water. It looks like magic paint and will keep them busy for a while. I love this activity. When daddy is braaing and I’m trying to do my own painting, I will give Jax his own paintbrush and water. He loves it!
- Fill an old spray bottle with some water and spritz away. This is good for inside and outside. This will help keep everyone cool, calm and collected during the day. A little mist never hurt anyone!
- Have a toy car wash or wash the baby doll. Put out a container with water, brushes and some dishwash liquid and let the boys have a carwash for their toy cars and trucks and the little girls can bath their babies. Fun!
Stay cool with your kids! Happy summer Mumu’s.